Why Social Media Assets Are Important for Business Marketing?
Social media is one of the most essential marketing channels for any business in the current day and age. In this article we will explore how to select the right social media channels, and how to best execute your social media strategy for your business online.
How social media assets can help your business?
Here are a list of ways social media assets help your business:
1. Using social media assets increase your market reach, including international markets.
2. Using social media assets attract customers, gets customer feedback and builds customer loyalty.
3. Using social media assets helps develop your business’s brand.
4. Using social media assets can help with market research and reduce marketing costs.
5. Using social media assets can increase revenue by building customer networks and advertising.
6. Using social media assets helps keep an eye on your competitors.
7. Using social media assets facilitates the exchange of ideas to improve the way you do business.
8. Using social media assets help with the recruitment of skilled staff, for example: through job networking sites like LinkedIn.
9. Using social media assets help with SEO and can increase traffic to your website and improve its search engine ranking
How to get started with social media for my business?
It is actually not that difficult to get started using social media, especially for businesses wanting an online presence. Most people will use social media in their day to day lives, so there is a level of comfort with using social media platforms. It is also free for anybody to create a Facebook Page for their business, or start an Instagram account, or create a presence on Twitter.
But before you jump in head first into social media, please remember that every good online business strategy starts with a good plan. While it is true that social media is free to use, the time and effort involved still represent a significant investment to your business. With no plan, you have no clear goal for what your business is trying to achieve. That means there is no way to know if you’re getting a return on that investment in social media. So the first thing you should do is take the time to create a social media plan, this ensures all your social media time and efforts will support your specific business goals.
What are the most important social media assets for your business?
• Facebook account
• Instagram account
• Twitter account
• LinkedIn account
• YouTube account
• Company blog and Vlog sites
• Website URL
• Email address marketing list
How to build your social media assets?
1. Identify your target audience
After you’ve outlined your social media goals, you will need to decide your target audience.
2. Build relationships, Not Just Followers
The number of followers your social media channel has can be seen as a vanity metric, meaning it is just for show. For example if you have 500 followers by none of them engage your content or posts at all, compared with if you had 100 followers who regularly engage with you and your content. In this instance the 100 engaged followers are infinitely more valuable than 500 that ignore you.
3. Be relatable
One of the worst mistakes to make on social media is coming off as the faceless business with zero personality at all. In this day and age of full transparency, people want to get to know your company on a more personal level.
4. Create a social media editorial calendar
Its important to prepare your content posting before you actually post them on social media, to do this effectively you will need an editorial calendar to schedule all the social media posts you plan to do. This will ensure that you will also have posts ready to be posted online in the future.
5. Get visual
People in the social media age are highly visual, and prefer to look at images, photos, and videos rather than reading big chunks of text. So make sure you are very visual in your social media execution and planning.
6. Stay active
Inactive social media feeds are a bad look for businesses, so you need a plan to stay active. So rather than let your Facebook or Instagram accounts look out of date, you need to keep posting regularly with fresh content.
7. Follow what is trending
Whether its breaking news, trending hashtags or whatever the latest meme might be, businesses always have room to get involved with trending content. This is a great opportunity not only to build on the current buzz of something that is trending, but also show off your business’s personality.
8. Monitor your social media metrics
In order to see whether you are getting your ROI on your social media efforts, you will need to monitor your social media metrics to know if your efforts on social media are paying off.
9. Don’t Be Afraid to Pay
Almost all social media channels have an advertising option that allows you to amplify your content to a wider audience. Don’t be afraid to pay for this as it may help you expand your social media following and also bring in some revenue at the same time.
Tools to help with your social media management
• Hootsuite for all-in-one social media scheduling, monitoring, and analytics
• Buffer Publish for straightforward social media scheduling
• Loomly for generating post ideas for social media
• Tailwind for managing Pinterest accounts
• Later for cheap (or free) visual social media marketing
• Zoho for team-based social media management
• Sendible for lead generation on social media
How to build your social media following?
1. Know your audience
Relevancy is essential if you want to see social media ROI in 2022. If you want to amplify your social media content, it is important to know who you are trying to target and what are their problems. Figure out how to solve those problems via your social media content strategy, and you’ll have social media asset gold!
2. Know which are the best social media platforms to use
Once you have a good understanding of who your audience is, you should know which social platforms they spend most of their time on. Work to maximise the effectiveness of your communication channels where your target market is engaging the most. The demographics for each social media platform changes regularly, so please do your research often to know where your business should be placing its focus on.
3. Build trust with your audience
There is a lot of fake news and content that dominate all social feeds, so being reliable and trustworthy is essential in order to amplify your business’s brand. Work to be a true trustworthy resource for content and information to keep current and potential customers engaged with your brand.
4. Pay attention to your competition
This is essential to every social media strategy. Not knowing what your competitors are doing will allow them to gain the upper hand on you and potentially steal online market share. Consistently check your competitor’s content and messaging, and how big their audience is growing. Also keep an eye on their promotions, and content efforts to identify any gaps in your business’s social media strategy.
7. Don’t always re-post the same content
Always posting the same kinds of content or the exact post on all social platforms is a big mistake that business’s often make. Your social media followers consume content differently on all social platforms. Be mindful of where you’re posting, what you’re posting and what is getting the best engagement for true social media success.
8. Pound the stone
There is no magic trick when it comes to promoting a business’s brand online. It takes a lot of research, planning, analysing, and the ability to evolve when things are not working. Work to set detailed key performance indicators (KPI’s) for all your social media efforts and consistently work to improve them in order to maximise your business’s social media results.
How to amplify your social media content?
1. Let your fans contribute
User generated engagement content is one of the best ways to get your content boosted on social media channels, so let your followers voices be heard.
2. Team Up With Influencers
Some social media influencers have massive followings, and may be complimentary to your own brand. Contact the relevant influencers who you think have a good synergy with your brand, and do something together with them.
3. Use the # Hashtag
Hashtags help people who are looking for certain topics, or find all relevant topics that use that hashtag on social media, so make sure to include hashtags in all your social media posts.
4. Invest in Paid Advertising
Most social media channels will allow you to pay to advertise your post to a larger audience that your current fan base or following, you can use this to get more eye balls, and also more followers.
5. Host A Giveaway
People love winning things, so hosting giveaways is a good tactic to get attention from your followers who will share it with their friends and generate an organic amplification to your brands postings.
6. Have your Social Links on Your Website
Many people will come to your website before they find you on social media, so by having links to your social media channels they can visit your social media channels while they are on your website, and start following your social media posts.
When are the best times to post on social media?
• The best times to post on social media overall is 10:00 AM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
• The best time to post on Facebook is 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• The best time to post on Instagram is 11:00 AM on Wednesdays.
• The best time to post on Twitter is 8:00 AM on Mondays and Thursdays.
• The best time to post on LinkedIn is 9:00 AM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.